Information we may collect from you
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information provided by you voluntarily, Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntary such as name, address, email address, telephone number, and other personally identifying information. For example, Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website and/or to submit enquiries to us, information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, domain address, IP addresses, unique device identification numbers, broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location), internet browser, operating system, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and other technical information, and information collected through cookies. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
The Privacy Principles set out below are intended to assist us in meeting our privacy obligations:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed and only if the purpose of the processing could not reasonably be fulfilled by other means
- kept up to date and take reasonable steps to update or delete any inaccurate, outdated or incorrect personal information without undue delay
- not stored for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed
- processed in a manner that ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal information including protection against unauthorized access, accidental loss, destruction or damage
Who does Compass share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Compass keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
International data transfers
As a part of global network of Compass Group, your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Policy. These include:
- imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal information or ensuring that the recipients are subscribed to “international frameworks” that aim to ensure adequate protection; and
- Compass also implements a range of organizational and technical security measures, such as cyber security training, role based access and encryption, where appropriate, to ensure personal data is secure.
The Website and its contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18). However, Compass have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our Platform. If a minor has provided Compass with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact Compass at the address set out in “Contact Us” below to remove the information
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- You can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features of the Compass Website.
- Under the applicable laws, you have the right of access to personal information held by Compass and to request updating/correcting the information. When requested and practical, Compass will arrange to delete personal information from our systems.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.